you can find us on partywound’s online distro now. AWAY!
It’s Never Sunny in Chilladelphia - Ashford
4 Track acoustic demo me, Ben and Christian did at 5am this morning
stoked on these guys.
If everyone could give this a listen/download (its free, why not?) and a reblog it would mean a lot to us, we put a lot of work into this, and these songs are full of passion and new sounds, try us out, you will probably like us.
the first song is about aliens,
the second song is about beaches…
the third song is about ellen paige and matador records,
the fourth is about foreign policy and love,
the last song is a drunk argument in musical form,
so theres a good mix, and we be some musty motherfuckers, so deal with it.
Art used for the cover of Super Science Stories (March 1950) by Norman Saunders
if there is anyone out there who can paint like this, get at email@example.com, we’ll commission the fuck out of that shit.
Day 10 (Yesterday, but couldn’t post due to no Internet): Just played a set at a venue called Flat 0/1 in Glasgow. This place is SICK! Whole room is themed like an 80’s flat with everything from
Back to the Future playing on a big screen to Crazy Half bath hanging chair things :-p Really hope we can play here again when we come back up later in the year… Bar staff are safe AS too!
FREE MIXTAPE COMING FOR YOU ALL!
if enough people are kind enough to reblog we’ll also give you a preview of the artwork!
KEEP IT RAD, DUDES. KNGSRMS
Decided to post this as some of the stick and poke instructions you see on here are ridiculous, and will leave people with tattoos that will fade, bleed, smudge or scar, so here are a few tips from someone with quite a lot of experience in stick and poke.
1. Just because you aren’t in a professional setting doesn’t mean its ok to half ass something. stick and poke is an art form that has existed for centuries, there is a wrong way to do things, and if you are too drunk you will do them wrong. not that a few beers or whatever your vice is would go amiss, just keep a cool head, what you’re doing is irreversible.
2. ingredients, you will need;
- ink (black india ink or tattoo ink, don’t risk anything else or you could kill someone), needles (people say to use medium gauge, however if you use a smaller gauge you can get more detail in, the top two tattoos pictured were done with a medium gauge needle, the rose was done with the thinnest needle i had)
-a tool, i use a chopstick turned upside down with a small slit in the top that will hold a needle firmly, some people choose to use pencils, however this can be dangerous, especially if it is being re-used, something that you can clean well with disinfectant is advised, pencils get soggy and paint falls off, a plastic pen casing could work.
-thread, regular thread, anything but black, (you can use black, its just more difficult to tell when the thread has absorbed the ink)
-a cigarette filter,
-various coloured felt tip/sharpies
- latex/disposable Gloves
- vaseline/petroleum jelly
- selotape (or if you have it, waterproof plasters)
- a shot glass/ink container
- disinfectant (dettol/cheaper substitute)
-a willing friend(s)
-an idea of what you are going to tattoo
3. sterilise EVERYTHING! start by tearing off a piece of your disposable cloth, wipe down any area you will be using and your tool with disinfectant, poor disinfectant into your shot glass and cut about 5 inches of thread and put it into the shot glass with the disinfectant as well as dipping your cigarette filter in to absorb some of it. heat the needle with a lighter if you want, it won’t do much as it won’t get hot enough to burn off all the germs, infact in some cases your lighter can add more germs, put the needle in the disinfectant for a while and start prepping your victim.
4. Select the area for the tattoo, i would advise that if you don’t have any tattoos yet you put your tattoo on some paper and take it to a professional to put on you, i saw one blog say that the best place to S&P was on your hand, and since then seen a lot of COMPLETE MORONS doing so, i have nothing against hand tattoos, however when your hand tattoo a squint star you made yourself and is your only tattoo, you are likely to die trying to pet a moving truck. Do your leg/foot/thigh/ somewhere that isn’t always visible, you will most likely make a mistake. start by trimming down any hair on the area, don’t use a razor, a air trimmer will suffice, using a razor increases your chances of getting ingrown hairs on your tattoo, which can really mess things up. a little hair isn’t an issue, wipe the area down with disinfectant (dilute it a little first, there should be instructions on the bottle) and draw on your design with a coloured pen, once your friend is happy with the design you are ready to go.
5. GLOVES ON! begin eating up by securing your needle to the tool, using my chopstick method, you can create a split with a slightly larger needle, and then insert the needle in the slot you have made, next slide the cigarette filter down the needle through the centre, this will serve as both a grip and a method of absorbing the ink, meaning the ink will be able to flow down the needle easier when it is squeezed (this is my own technique, its not necessary, but i find it makes things easier) Then wind your thread around the needle, start under the filter and wind it around the needle there a few times then push the filter down to hold the thread and wind it tightly to the top of the needle, about 1mm or less from the top, you only want to see the sharp point of the needle, this way ink will be easier to absorb and you are more likely to get a better poke without too much going over things again, this also means that the needle can only go as deep as it needs to, and you won’t penetrate too deep, continue to wrap the needle up and down and finish around the base of the needle/filter and a little onto the tool. next you will want to pour out the disinfectant in the shot glass (in the sink, not back into the bottle you cheap fucks) and replace it with ink, this way the ink itself has been disinfected. then dip the needle into the ink and leave it to soak up ink until the ink has gone about half way down the filter, you can watch it as it sucks it up. Finally take your waterproof plasters and wrap them around the tool and filter to secure the thread and make a more secure and comfortable grip that will prevent you getting ink everywhere.
6. Cover the design with a very thin layer of vaseline, this will prevent the ink from bleeding and you loosing sight of what your image should look like, your lines will appear solid and clean, it makes the whole thing a lot easier. Don’t go one poke at a time, that will take you hours and hours for a simple design and often you will end up poking too hard and hurting your friend or too deep and the ink will spread under the skin, leaving a smudge and causing bleeding. Instead do lots of pokes, you want to do lots of little pokes following the line along, imagine you hand was a tattoo machine, use your fingers to aim and your wrist to oscillate. (go up and down) start with a line that doesn’t matter as much, so you can get a feel for the skin and how deep the needle should go, once you have mastered that line you should continue with the rest of the design before wiping, this way you can follow the lines you drew before they get wiped off with disinfectant.
7. keep going over your outline until the lines appear solid and dark, after the first few times going over the tattoo can begin to hurt a little, so take a break or just wait for a while for it to heal and go over it again, theres no rush, stick and poke can be very therapeutic, the last thing you want is to get stressed out, that ruins the point.
8. when it comes to shading you can dilute your ink and begin poking the area you wish to shade , the more pokes in an area the darker it will get, but be sure to make your pokes fairly random, lines will be obvious and your shading will look streaky rather than soft and smooth.
9. i am yet to attempt colour stick and poke, i am keen to but I’m not sure of whether other coloured india inks will suffice. if anyone has any information on this i would be glad to hear it.
10. have fun and take care of your tattoo after wards, healing is a lot easier with stick and pokes, you will have very little scabbing and pain, things will smooth out a little and at most you will experience a small amount of itching but that doesn’t mean you shout kep applying a layer of bepanthen throughout the day, stick and pokes can be healed in a matter of days, so there won’t be too much waiting around between sessions, happy poking. love KINGSARMS